- Anti-wrinkle injections help to relax certain muscles in the face that cause wrinkles
- They can be used on frowns, crows feet, and forehead lines
- They can also strategically relax certain muscles to create an eyebrow lift, reduce a gummy smile, slim the jawline and to stop the downward pull of muscles on the mouth & neck
- They can help to prevent the permanent etching of lines into the face by constant muscle contraction
- They work after 7-14 days and last for 3-4 months
- They are a safe and effective means of reducing wrinkles
- Anti-wrinkle injections can be used in conjunction with dermal fillers to help treat both static and dynamic wrinkles
What is BOTOX used for?
Muscle relaxants have been used for years to treat muscular problems including eyelid spasm and facial spasms. The ageing face has wrinkles and furrows which may develop as a result of weakened Collagen in the skin from sun exposure and gravity, or due to excess facial muscle action on the skin.
How does BOTOX work?
A highly popular and well known cosmetic treatment reversibly paralyses muscles (‘Brow-freezing’) to smooth wrinkles and prevent deeper lines forming. It can therefore be used to treat such facial lines caused primarily by the action of the muscles on the skin.
What areas can be treated with BOTOX?
Ideal areas for treatment are those wrinkles caused by muscles that have no significant function such as the deep creases between the eyebrows, crow’s feet and forehead lines.
Treatment can also be used to smooth the skin of the neck and décolletage.
How long do BOTOX injections take and is it painful?
Good results can be obtained after a single injection and the effect generally lasts between 3 and 4 months. The procedure is simple to perform and most patients find the injections only cause a mild sting lasting seconds.
How long does BOTOX last?,br /> Repeat treatments are usually needed approximately every 3-4 months over a 12 month period. It is encouraging to note that clinical trials report that some patients who have had treatment over 12 months only require further treatments once or twice the following year. It is important to be aware that it takes between 5-7 days for the treatment to work.
What are the side effects of BOTOX?
If they do occur they are;
- Mild to moderate
- Slight bruising from the injection